Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Backing tracks are fun

And so is mindlessly soloing over them.



I got the backtrack from www.jamcenter.com

I've done a video of me playing over the same backing track before (probably about half a year ago), but decided to go at it again.

This is just a small segment from about 5 or 6 minutes of footage I took. It was pretty much the most interesting part, so I just cut the rest out.

If you hadn't noticed with my last video (I am not buckethead), the audio was much clearer. This is because I recorded using the Pod XT Live, straight into my PC via USB. I then muted the audio from my camera, and synced the direct version with the video.

I do that with this video too, and will probably do it with any other video I post from here on. It's a little tedious syncing up the video with the higher quality audio, but the end result is worth it.

4 comments:

The AnTiPoDe said...

Epic video. I never knew there were backing tracks you could just play over. I always played over regular songs. This is something to look into... !

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

You should get a tatoo of Al on your back.

The AnTiPoDe said...

ROFL shut up slunks

MrCHUPON said...

Or a tattoo of Al's underwear. "It's not underwear!" I said gym shorts.