Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Creation Update

So I guess I should link to what I've been working on lately.

http://media.putfile.com/FUCKINGMETALmoreOrLessFinal

Theres the metal song, more or less finished. I got really burnt out on it, and kinda rushed it to completion. So there's no bass line, and the end is pretty lame, but whatever.


But, I just started working on this.

http://media.putfile.com/EpicsongPreview1


I've only worked on it for about an hour or two, so I feel it's coming along quite nicely.

Thats about it.

3 comments:

The AnTiPoDe said...

I'm liking what I hear. Did you buy FL Studio? How easy is it to learn the drum sequencer?

IMHO the Am-C-G-Em progression has been used til the cows come home but there's a reason for that: it sounds so sweet. Are you planning on making your Epic song a lengthy song? Most of the reasons why songs are 'Epic' are due to length, not even the content of the song.

Matt said...

I... "obtained" FL studio :S

But it's really easy, and straight forward once you get the very basics down.

This picture kinda gives you the overall idea of how a song (or at least a song I made, in this case it's the fucking metal one)is assembled in FL.

On the piano roll, thats where I make all the drum beats. Each key is a different drum sound, so I just map out all the drum beats individually.

And you're absolutely right, that chord progression is overused as hell... But for very good reason :P

I plan to make it lengthy, but am quickly realizing that I'm definitely going to need more instruments (keyboards, bass, ect) if I want to make it at all listenable. I also kinda run out of steam quick on these kinds of things. I haven't worked on it at all since that initial night I started :\

The AnTiPoDe said...

That picture is a bit scary looking, but I know it just takes a little adjustment.

Don't run out of steam! I wish I could help lol